Red Feather Lakes
Larimer County, Colorado
How to Get There
From Livermore, turn west on to CR74E (Red Feather Lakes Road). Just past Red Feather Lakes, Colorado, the road turns to CR86 (Deadman Road). Continue 4 miles past the National Forest boundary to the intersection of Deadman Road and Killpecker Road.
From Glen Echo, head north on CR68C for 10 miles. Turn left at the intersection of CR74E and Deadman Road on to Deadman Road (CR86). Continue 4 miles past the National Forest boundary to the intersection of Deadman Road and Killpecker Road.
Unlicensed vehicles are not allowed on Deadman Road (CR86 and CR74E).
Recommended ATV Routes
Hard Core Motorcycle Route with Singletrack
1. W on FS171 dirt two track for 2 miles
2. W on Swamp Creek Cutoff (TR871) for 5 miles of very difficult rocky single track with a challenging boulder crux in the middle
3. NW on FS517 for 1 mile of rocky two track
4. N on Killpecker (TR956) for 4 miles of medium difficult single track
5. W on FS517 for 4 miles of rocky two track
6. SW on FS177 for 3 miles of rocky two track
7. N on FS177A and FS319 for 5.4 miles of rocky two track
8. W on FS318F for 1 mile of dirt two track and rocky two track
Other Sources of Information
Maps: Trails Illustrated #111 Red Feather Lakes, Glendevey
Maps: Trails Illustrated #112 Poudre River, Cameron Pass
Maps: USFS Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests
Maps: USFS Canyon Lakes Ranger District MVUM
Maps: USFS Canyon Lakes OHV Opportunities Map
||Big Thompson 4-Wheelers
||Horsetooth 4 Wheelers
Trail System Information
Return to the OHV Trail Guide Map or Guide Index page.